DO YOU WANT A CASH SCHOLARSHIP! It’s scholarship time!!
National Federation of the Blind of Utah
CASH SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE
Are you blind or visually impaired? Don’t miss out on this huge scholarship opportunity!
If you are blind or visually impaired in the state of Utah, we encourage you to apply for both a NATIONAL and STATE scholarship through the National Federation of the Blind. All scholarships awarded are based on academic excellence, community service, and leadership. Very few scholarships available offer cash for higher education students, and the NFB National Scholarship Program is one of the largest in the country.
Eligibility Requirements for State Scholarship
1. Must be legally blind (PDF document) in both eyes, and,
2. Must be currently residing in the state of Utah (for state scholarship) and,
3. Must be pursuing or planning to pursue a full-time, postsecondary course of study in a degree program at a United States institution in the 2017 scholastic year (does not have to be at a Utah school).
4. Must participate in the entire NFB of Utah convention to be held on April 13, 14, and 15, 2017 in Salt Lake City, Utah (In addition to a scholarship, each winner will receive assistance to attend the state convention including hotel accommodations, registration, food, and banquet ticket).
ALL applicants are HIGHLY encouraged to apply for BOTH a National and State Scholarship!
The deadline for national scholarships and the NFB of Utah State Scholarships are March 31, 2017.
How to Apply:
1. Visit the NFB National Scholarship Application for full details: https://nfb.org/scholarships
2. Click on the: 2017 Scholarship Application Form, online edition, or 2017 Scholarship Application Form, print edition
3. Fill out application COMPLETELY. (No partial applications will be considered).
4. Include all related documentation.
5. Send ALL the same documents required for a National Scholarship to the NFB of Utah
Email: email@example.com (*Scan and email all information), or mail to:
2900 West Lehman Ave. #179
West Valley City, Utah 84119
If you have further questions or concerns regarding the scholarship application process, please contact:
Deja Powell: 801-891-3430 or,
Everette Bacon (President of the NFB of Utah): 801-631-8108