Please review and participate in the following public-facing events being held by or featuring the Survivors Taskforce. Content Warning:
links in this message will lead you to resources that mention sexual assault and abuse and domestic violence.
Survivors Taskforce March Calendar of Events
- Wednesday, March 3: Procedures and Oversight meeting 8pm Eastern
- Sunday, March 7: Training and Culture meeting 3pm eastern
- Monday, March 8: Survivors Taskforce update delivered during the
Diversity and Inclusion Committee open meeting
- Saturday, March 13: Communications and Engagement meeting 4pm Eastern
- Tuesday, March 16: Procedures and Oversight meeting 8pm Eastern
- Sunday, March 21: Training and Culture meeting 3pm Eastern
- Monday, March 22: Monthly feature on Nation’s Blind Blog
- Saturday, March 27: Communications and Engagement meeting 4pm Eastern
Please use the registration links found below to sign-up with either branch:
Communications and Engagement:
Procedures and Oversight:
Biweekly meeting starting March 16:
Training and Culture
All branches will announce special topics meetings in advance
February 22, 2021 Blog:
Did I Say that was OK with Me? Understanding Consent and Boundaries | National Federation of the Blind (nfb.org)
Phase 1 RAINN Training starts March 23 and those on the national Board of Directors; national center staff and specified contractors; national division boards; Scholarship Committee members; state affiliate board members; NFB training center students, staff, and boards; and the survivors Taskforce will participate. Everyone will complete a knowledge assessment, in order to hold leaders accountable.
If you did not receive an invite to register for training and belong to one of the aforementioned groups, please email or call the Survivors Taskforce. Disclosure: your information will be forwarded along to the correct person to correct the oversight.
You may find updates related to the Survivors Taskforce on our
website: www.nfb.org/survivors. You may contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call (410) 659-9314 Ext. 2238 to leave a voice mail. All information shared with the Survivors Taskforce is held confidential and is not shared without consent of the individual.
RAINN’s National Sexual Assault Hotline: If you or someone you know has experienced sexual violence, you are not alone. The National Sexual Assault Hotline offers free, confidential support, 24/7, at
one-800-656- HOPE (4673) or online.rainn.org.
Daphne A. Mitchell